Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Today is my birthday. I have never much cared about it. I’ve mostly been of the mind that my mother should get the presents; she’s the one who did something. I have told my parents this many times and last year my dad finally enlightened me that the reason we celebrate is because I’m still alive another year later; something that many people could justify betting against. The one thing I always try to get for my birthday is the day off work. That didn’t happen this year. Instead of bitching about it (which I probably did anyway,) I decided to embrace the idea of celebration even though I’m at work. I declared today ‘junk food fiesta’ and went to the grocery store. This is what I bought and am in the process of making for myself and only two coworkers. One of which is leaving at noon:

1 bag tostitos scoops
1 bag tostitos hint of jalapeno scoops (they’re back!)
1 bag mesquite barbeque kettle chips
1 jar french onion dip
1 jar bean and cheese dip
1 package Tim Tams raspberry biscuits (courtesy of my sister in Australia)
1 deep dish spinach, mushroom, garlic pizza
1 deep dish italian sausage pizza
1 Sara Lee pecan coffee cake
1 Sara Lee cherry pie
1 Sara Lee dutch apple pie

I foresee this leading to a severe lack of motivation. Bring on the laziness!

No comments: